Coronavirus - Information received from The 1865
*Recent additions in black
I thought that you may be interested in some of the mitigations that we're introducing - you're welcome to share some of my suggestions with the Solent Area Prog group, if it helps to reinstall customer confidence.
- We can fit in 42 socially distanced tables, seating up to 4 people. I've attached a seating plan.
- To begin with, I am inclined to sell tickets by the table, rather than by the seat... So a customer can either book a table of 2 or a table of 4. Depending on demand, I can then list tables for 1... Things may not be financially viable for some events if I have 42 tables with only 42 people, if that makes sense... Again, it all depends on demand.
- As per government guidelines, all tickets will need to be purchased in advance. We are currently uploading the Seating Plan to EventBrite, so customers can pick their table. We can also collect customer data online for the Government's Track & Trace programme.
- Masks to be worn except when sat at tables.
- We have several hand sanitiser dispensers,
- One way system and distancing when queuing at the bar... *NOTE. Current requirement is that you need to order at your table. No drinks to be served after 10:00pm although the band can play on. The hall must then be cleared as quickly as possible, so buy any merch before the music finishes.
- The box office is wide enough for safe access and egress into and from the venue. Solent Prog gigs will have a table inside the main hall to check you in.
- We will ask Martin's Rubber if we can use their yard to extend the smoking area to allow socially distanced smoking.
- The toilets are large enough to service 4 customers at a time - beyond signage stating so, I haven't figured out a management plan to enforce this, but would hope that it's not necessary to and that our customers have some common sense, and respect to other people's space...too much to ask?!
Located in the city of Southampton, The 1865 is one of the South’s newest and most versatile event venues. Formally a working men’s club, The 1865 has recently been transformed into a unique space suitable for a variety of live events. Opening its doors to the public in late 2013, the venue has played host to a number of sell-out shows.
The 1865 is situated in proximity to major travel routes, including the M3 and M27, as well as the Isle of Wight ferries (7 minute walk), Southampton Central train station (20 minute walk or 5 minute drive), National Express coach station (15 minute walk) and Southampton International Airport (15 minute drive).
There is plenty of onroad parking nearby. Outside the venue or along Bernard Street, and more than 1,000 spaces within 250 metres. Details here
Saving money on tickets
If you ring the Venue you can pay by debit card for events that are on sale. There will be no handling charge so it is cheaper than buying via the web.
Telephone: 023 80 222 605. Call on weekdays between 11.30am and 5pm please.
Another way of saving on booking fees - some tickets are available at the bar , although you may need to ask when they are not busy.
If you are at a Solent Area Prog gig I will be able to give you a receipt if you buy tickets from me for either of the following two SAP events.
Timings for Solent Area Prog events. Other events may vary
Sundays : Doors 19:00 Finish 22:30
Other days : Doors 19:30 Finish 23:00 at the latest